Submit a project - Cartoon Springboard
The submissions for the 2021 edition of Cartoon Springboard are open!
Deadline to submit a project: Thursday 2 September
- Find out more about the project submission in our Toolbox -
Who can present a project?
- European young talents who want to develop and test their new animation project or property for the international market and/or to be distributed on several screens (360 approach).
- Young talents who have graduated from animation schools for a maximum of 5 years.
- Any European project holder coming from one of the countries associated with Creative Europe - MEDIA: the 27 EU countries + Iceland, Norway, Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Republic of Serbia, Georgia, Moldova, Tunisia & Ukraine
- Attention: since the Brexit, the UK is not part of the eligible countries
What kind of project?
> TV special (min. 26 minutes)
> TV or Web series
> Feature film (min. 60 minutes)
> Animated project dedicated to cross-media
NB: Short films are NOT accepted.
1. Prepare all the required elements (project file, 2 stills, ...)
2. Go to www.cartoon-media.eu > My Cartoon and login or create an account
3. Click on My Projects > Cartoon Springboard > Submit a new project
1. Prepare all the required elements
Prepare a PDF presentation of your project. Written in English only. From 10 to 20 pages in total, including:
• A cover page with the project title, contact name and a nice still to illustrate the project (such as a poster of a feature film)
• The concept/note of intent: it should explain what the project is about and why you believe in it (max. 2 pages)
• Give as much detail as you can on the content that you will develop (description of the main characters, treatment/storyline: extensive description of the story)
(Please be aware that to obtain clear and helpful advice from our panel of experts, you will need to be as precise as possible).
• Nice stills of the project and graphic elements: make it attractive!
Choose 2 nice stills (1 horizontal & 1 square) for our digital publication, screen and website: high resolution (300 dpi) in .jpeg
2. Connect to your account
Go to My Cartoon (tab on top right of the page) and login or create an account.
3. Complete the online form
Click on My Projects Cartoon Springboard > Submit a new project
Each step will be saved when you click on "Next", so no need to fill it all in at once. You can go back to your form anytime to finalise it by clicking on "My Cartoon" (your name will be displayed if you are logged in). You will receive a summary by email once it is completed.
Acceptation of he project - registration to the event
CARTOON will inform you of the decision of the selection committee soon after its decision (on mid-September 2021).
Should your project be already submitted and approved, please do not forget to register before the registration deadline.
Withdrawal of projects
Talents whose project has been selected can’t withdraw their project after 24 September 2021, or they will have to pay CARTOON the sum of 250 EUR. This rule is set in order to be fair to other talents who didn’t have the chance to be selected