2024 projects selection

LINE-UP OF THE 2024 SELECTED PROJECTS

We are delighted to unveil the line-up of projects to be pitched at Cartoon Forum 2024, featuring 75 animated TV series or TV specials. The selection is led by France (36 projects), followed by Ireland (7), Italy (6), CEE Countries* (5 projects from Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Serbia & Slovakia), and Germany (5). Denmark and Spain each contribute with 3 projects, while Portugal has 2. Armenia, Georgia, and Moldova each present a project for the first time at Cartoon Forum, joining Belgium, Cyprus, Greece, Luxembourg, and the Netherlands, which also have one project each.

*Central & Eastern Europe Countries

A few more facts and numbers

• 28 countries in total: 20 European countries as main producers + Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Cameroun, Colombia, Georgia, Israel and Senegal as co-producers.
  • 25 projects (33%) are already co-productions, and among them 13 projects (17%) involve two or more countries.

• 3 projects previously pitched at Cartoon Springboard, our event for young talent, made it to Cartoon Forum: "Bitches" by Caïmans Productions (FR), "All Good" by Glow (ES), and "No Pets!" by Nuvole e Strike (IT).
  • 3 projects produced in the territory (Animation in Occitanie): "Marie Curie’s Great War" (Tripode Productions), "Our Lil’Adventures" (Xbo films), and "Animals in a Nutshell" (Les Films d’Ici Méditerranée).

This year, we celebrate Italy!

Since 2017, Cartoon Forum has brought a country or a region into the spotlight, celebrating their creative ability, original style, or successful approach to the world of animation. In 2024, we showcase Italy's dynamic contributions to the industry!

The Ital­ian ani­ma­tion land­scape is pre­dom­i­nant­ly shaped by TV series, with pub­lic broad­cast­er RAI serv­ing as a sig­nif­i­cant fund­ing source for local endeav­ours. Also thanks to the efforts of Car­toon Italia, ani­ma­tion ben­e­fits from spe­cial atten­tion in nation­al reg­u­la­tions: inter­na­tion­al and exec­u­tive pro­duc­tions involv­ing an Ital­ian pro­duc­er can now tap into a 40% tax cred­it. This mea­sure has notably enhanced the coun­try’s com­pet­i­tive­ness in the glob­al ani­ma­tion mar­ket. In addi­tion, the Ital­ian ani­ma­tion sec­tor ben­e­fits from Region­al Funds ded­i­cat­ed to sup­port­ing both nation­al and inter­na­tion­al pro­duc­tions, as well as auto­mat­ic and selec­tive funds from the Min­istry of Culture.

6 Italian projects have been selected to be pitched at Cartoon Forum 2024: "Green Thumb" by Movimenti Production; "Guglielmo the inventor" by POPCult, co-produced by Ani­malps Pro­duc­tions (FR) & Kru­tart (CZ); "Matita HB" by IBRIDO Studio; "mindTOONness" by Vis­man­i­ma­tion, co-produced by Enan­i­ma­tion (IT); "Mission Delta" by Eagle Orig­i­nal Con­tent, co-produced by MAD Enter­tain­ment (IT); and "No Pets!" (Nuv­ole e Strisce).

The Italian film commissions involved in this initiative recognise the importance of Cartoon Forum and seize this opportunity to tell Europe and the world about the significance of their districts.